To connect to the Places API, you'll need an API Key which can be created from the SafeGraph API Dashboard.
The Places API uses the GraphQL query language. This allows you can structure each query to meet your requirements by defining the inputs and specifying exactly what fields you want to be returned.
If you are brand new to GraphQL, it's easy to learn! Check out our Intro to GraphQL for a quick tutorial or links to more in-depth sources. Or dive in with the GraphiQL Explorer below!
You can also follow a few of our guides to help you get started.
- Find all stores: Build a request to check if an address is valid and customize the options.
- Geographic Category Search: Find all the stores for a certain category in a location.
- Category Search: Get the NAICS code and categories for any business.
- Geofence an area: Get accurate data to provide context-aware alerts or information to users.
- Learn more about your visitors: Find out who is visiting and when they are coming.