August-2022 Release Notes (08/04/22)
Welcome to the August 2022 release!
Our global growth continues through the dog days of summer as we keep adding more and more POI!
2022-07-26/1658822402 shipped on 2022-08-04)
- +104k new POI across the globe
- +150 new brands across 100 countries
- +346 new US National Parks with polygons 🏞
- +1,301 new corporate headquarters across 93 countries
SafeGraph is delivering more POI each month in countries around the world. This month SG Places has a grand total of 30,735,439, including POI with or without geometry, closed POI and parking lots. This is a net increase of 104,614 places from last month (+19,054🇺🇸, +16,720🇨🇦, +1,262🇬🇧, +67,578 outside these geographies):
- + 97,420 POI standard POI (+12,634 🇺🇸, +16,653 🇨🇦, +1,140 🇬🇧, +66,993 )
- + 7,194 point-only POI (+6,420 🇺🇸, +67🇨🇦, +122🇬🇧, +585 )
Of course, you can always visit our Places Summary Stats to find more details on our continued growth.
We've included new corporate headquarters (NAICS: 551114) around the globe, spanning 93 different countries. That includes:
- +314 in the United States 🇺🇸
- +114 in Canada 🇨🇦
- +66 in Germany 🇩🇪
We've added a grand total of 150 brands across 100 countries. Some of the highlights:
- abc store (SG_BRAND_0605f75f7a3080a9) with 7,121 POI
- AVIA (SG_BRAND_c78496e179156ebc) with 3,395 POI
- Volta Charging (SG_BRAND_58c290509da92600) with 3,008 POI
Are we missing a brand or country? Please let us know here!
Brand Openings and Closings
- We rely on POI metadata to track store openings and closings, and we are especially interested in understanding open/close dates for branded POIs. It can take more than a month to infer open/close dates, so we report brand open/close metrics on a one month delay.
- In this release, we flagged 1,514 brands with at least one store closure in June 2022 and 1,735 brands with at least one store opening in June 2022:
Learn more about our open/close columns here
The POI we've added this month span a wide range of categories, including the following additions:
- POI with geometry:
- Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) Stores (445110) with +31,067 POI
- Other Activities Related to Credit Intermediation (522390) with +7,197 POI
- Full-Service Restaurants (722511) with +7,061 POI
- Point-only POI:
- Other Gasoline Stations (447190) with +4,129 POI
- Financial Transactions Processing, Reserve, and Clearinghouse Activities (522320) with +2,814 POI
- Electronics Stores (443142) with +150 POI 💡
- We are ingesting many sources and due to source changes and processing changes, Placekeys do drop over time. In this release, we dropped 49,905 Placekeys (38,187 branded and 11,718 non-branded).
Every month, we highlight some of our favorite new polygons getting released. This month, we're taking a look at a few US National Parks! 🏞
Enhancements - Patterns
In last month's delivery, SG Monthly Patterns had 5,453,886 POIs (US only). This month, SG Monthly Patterns has 6,006,460 POIs (net +552,574).
Last month, SG Monthly Patterns had 880,355,605 visits from 37,929,394 visitors. This month, SG Monthly Patterns has 906,864,194 visits from 34,445,184 visitors (delta +26,508,589 visits, -3,484,210 visitors).
Our Neighborhood Patterns product, provides more generalized foot traffic flows across census block groups. In the
USwe have 1,973,716,039 raw stops (-45,219,038 from last month).
CANeighborhood Patterns, we have 49,082,739 raw stops (-3,051,000 from last month).
Bug Fixes and Known Issues
- SafeGraph made adjustments to roughly 1,900 POI that had been incorrectly categorized as "Family Planning Centers" (621410). With their new categorization, they are again generating Patterns calculations.