Welcome to the March 2023 Release Notes! 🍀🌈🍀
We feel especially lucky to share what we've been working on!
2023-02-27/1677488404 shipped on 2023-03-03)
- +125K new POIs across the globe
- +228 new brands across 109 countries
- +81 new regional brands in Japan (full list here) 🇯🇵
- +20 New Address Attributes providing unparalleled granularity 🔎
SafeGraph is delivering more POI each month in countries around the world. This month SG Places has a grand total of 41,894,614, including POI with or without geometry, closed POI and parking lots. This is a net increase of 124,748 places from last month, including:
- +25,978 in US 🇺🇸
- +18,419 in JP 🇯🇵
- +14,732 in GB 🇦🇺
- +9,338 in FR 🇫🇷
- +6,256 in DE 🇩🇪
Of course, you can always visit our Places Summary Stats to find more details on our continued growth.
With this release, SafeGraph is introducing 20 new attributes to help unpack addresses in a standardized way. To this point, we have always provided
postal_code. Now, we can include up to 24 attributes in the US and CA that break an address into finite pieces for improved handling and verification. A few of note:
building_name: The actual name of a building associated with an address, if available. Very helpful for larger structures that might contain multiple POI.
sub_region: The second largest administrative division within a country. For the US, this would be the county, whereas the
regionwould be the state.
alt_address: A field that can provide alternative values for other fields where more than one value may apply. Currently available for alternate
cityvalues which can be helpful for handling situations within surrounding suburbs or within large cities. For example,
New Yorkcan now both be listed.
mailing_verified_status: The mailing verification status of a given POI relative to that country's postal source.
As a result of these improvements and standardization, 955K POI in the US received a new value for
city in this release. Note, 939K of those same POI have the old
city value available in the new
We'll continue to expand the fill rate of these columns on a country by country basis. Interested in seeing them for a specific one? Let us know!
If you have any questions at all about these new address attributes, from their impact on current POI to getting them included in your delivery, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
We've added a grand total of 228 brands across 109 countries. Some of the highlights:
- Hotto Motto (SG_BRAND_82914a6427d53362) with 2,473 POI
- NAPA AutoCare (SG_BRAND_42d1ecc8253b3e5d) with 2,052 POI
- Ministop (SG_BRAND_0cd867f3535160ae) with 2,002 POI
Are we missing a brand or country? Please let us know here!
- We rely on POI metadata to track store openings and closings, and we are especially interested in understanding open/close dates for branded POIs. It can take more than a month to infer open/close dates, so we report brand open/close metrics on a one month delay.
- In this release, we flagged 1,960 brands with at least one store closure in January 2023 and 1,824 brands with at least one store opening in January 2023:
Learn more about our open/close columns here
The POI we've added this month span a wide range of categories, including the following additions:
- POI with geometry:
- Full-Service Restaurants (722511) with +8,065 POI 🍽️
- Commercial Banking (522110) with +6,539 POI 🏦
- Limited-Service Restaurants (722513) with +5,929 POI 🍔
- Point-only POI:
- Couriers and Express Delivery Services (492110) with +47,262 POI 📦
- Financial Transactions Processing, Reserve, and Clearinghouse Activities (522320) with +9,032 POI 🏧
- We are ingesting many sources and due to source changes and processing changes, Placekeys do drop over time. In this release, we dropped 83,558 Placekeys (30,911 branded and 52,647 non-branded).