Welcome to the October 2022 release! 🎃🦇🧙♀️
Fall has arrived and with it comes even more accurate POIs. And some spooky polygons. 👻
2022-09-28/1664341203 shipped on 2022-10-06)
- +429k new POI across the globe
- +122 new brands across 63 countries
- +162k new apartment buildings 🏢
- 7.4M POI with improved geocodes in Europe
SafeGraph is delivering more POI each month in countries around the world. This month SG Places has a grand total of 31,569,851, including POI with or without geometry, closed POI and parking lots. This is a net increase of 429,005 places from last month (+190,411🇺🇸, +4,362🇨🇦, +3,309🇬🇧, +230,923 outside these geographies):
- + 339,215 standard POI (+ 185,120 🇺🇸, +3,980 🇨🇦, +2,304 🇬🇧, +147,811 )
- + 89,790 point-only POI (+5,291 🇺🇸, +382 🇨🇦, +1,005 🇬🇧, +83,112 )
Of course, you can always visit our Places Summary Stats to find more details on our continued growth.
With this release, we improved the geocoded centroids of over 7.4 million POI in Europe. Here's a look at the Top 5 countries based on number of improved POI:
- 1.2M in PL 🇵🇱
- 1.0M in FR 🇫🇷
- 700k in DE 🇩🇪
- 666k in IT 🇮🇹
- 660k in ES 🇪🇸
We've added a grand total of 122 brands across 63 countries. Some of the highlights:
- La Poste Mailbox (SG_BRAND_ee73e1a61a372835) with 74,673
- LAWSON (SG_BRAND_508a6f98834b270f) with 10,360 POI
- BiM (SG_BRAND_fd2409ba82699934) with 8,542 POI 🛒
Are we missing a brand or country? Please let us know here!
- We rely on POI metadata to track store openings and closings, and we are especially interested in understanding open/close dates for branded POIs. It can take more than a month to infer open/close dates, so we report brand open/close metrics on a one month delay.
- In this release, we flagged 1,567 brands with at least one store closure in August 2022 and 1,823 brands with at least one store opening in August 2022:
Learn more about our open/close columns here
The POI we've added this month span a wide range of categories, including the following additions:
POI with geometry:
- Apartment Buildings (categorized as Lessors of Residential Buildings and Dwellings - 531110) with +162,059 POI 🏢
- Gasoline Stations with Convenience Stores (447110) with +19,383 POI 🏪
- Assisted Living Facilities for the Elderly (623312) with +17,091 POI 🧑⚕️
- Couriers and Express Delivery Services (492110) with +82,679 POI 📦
- Other Gasoline Stations (447190) with +2,517 POI
- Commercial Banking (522110) with +2,171 POI
- We are ingesting many sources and due to source changes and processing changes, Placekeys do drop over time. In this release, we dropped 60,848 Placekeys (27,020 branded and 33,828 non-branded).
Every month, we highlight some of our favorite polygons. This month, we're getting in the Halloween spirit and sharing a few of the spookier POI in North America. Haunted houses anyone?🎃👻🕸
In last month's delivery, SG Monthly Patterns had 6,005,659 POIs (US only). This month, SG Monthly Patterns has 5,967,317 POIs (net -38,342).
Last month, SG Monthly Patterns had 946,414,937 visits from 17,074,550 visitors. This month, SG Monthly Patterns has 970,996,555 visits from 17,474,374 visitors (delta +24,581,618 visits, +399,824 visitors).
Our Neighborhood Patterns product, provides more generalized foot traffic flows across census block groups. In the
USwe have 2,088,844,882 raw stops (+32,613,454 from last month). In
CAwe have 44,383,045 raw stops (+2,209,139 from last month).