Welcome to the March 2022 Release Notes
We're so lucky to share our continued increase in global coverage and global geometry
2022-02-27/1645948803 shipped 2022-03-05).
- +478 new brands across 179 countries
- +97k polygons outside of the US, UK and Canada
- +4k EU Shopping Centers 🇪🇺 🛍
- +160k Manufacturing Facilities
SafeGraph is delivering more POI each month in countries around the world. This month SG Places has a grand total of 11,659,328, including POI with or without geometry and closed POI. This is a net increase of 264,802 places from last month (+191,783🇺🇸, +9,719🇨🇦, +19,920🇬🇧, +43,380 outside these geographies):
- + 240,291 POI with geometry (+174,749 🇺🇸, +9,367 🇨🇦, +13,229 🇬🇧, +42,946 )
- + 24,511 point-only POI (+17,034 🇺🇸, +352🇨🇦, +6,691🇬🇧) +434 )
This month we've included over 4,000 EU Shopping Centers (531120), including some like:
- Galerie Des Champs Elysees ([email protected]), Paris FR
- Westfield CENTRO ([email protected]), Oberhausen, DE
- Madrid Xanadu ([email protected]), Madrid, ES
We've also included over 160,000 Manufacturing Facilities (3399). Some examples:
- Chantilly Crushed Stone Inc ([email protected]), Arcola, VA, US
- Bombardier Aerospace ([email protected]), Tucson, AZ, US
- CEMEX ([email protected]), Valencia, ES
We've added a grand total of 478 brands across 179 countries. Some of the highlights:
- Total (SG_BRAND_545baee0967884d7) with 9,900 POI
- CVS Pharmacy (SG_BRAND_691685759ac07d6c) with 8,132 POI
- Żabka (SG_BRAND_8412fe68e4638991) with 7,977 POI
- Walmart Pharmacy (SG_BRAND_db7e289726149f82) with 4,992 POI
Point POI brands :
- Blink Charging Co. (SG_BRAND_7a26c2e7b05ce40c) with 3,961 POI
- bp pulse (SG_BRAND_31ee592e4a2eddc2) with 3,139 POI
Are we missing a brand or country? Please let us know here!
- We rely on POI metadata to track store openings and closings, and we are especially interested in understanding open/close dates for branded POIs. It can take more than a month to infer open/close dates, so we report brand open/close metrics on a one month delay.
- In this release, we flagged 1,249 brands with at least one store closure in January 2022 and 1,216 brands with at least one store opening in January 2022.
- Learn more about our open/close columns here
Additions we've made this month include:
- POI with geometry:
- Other Miscellaneous Manufacturing (3399) with +159,261 POI
- Used Car Dealers (441120) with +14,410 POI
- Pharmacies and Drug Stores (446110) with +12,301 POI
- Point-only POI:
- Commercial Banking (522110) with +8,631 POI
- Other Gasoline Stations (447190) with +8,539 POI
- Video Tape and Disc Rental (532282) with +6,069 POI
Category Fill Rate -- We monitor category fill rate with 2 metrics: (1) category fill rate across the entire dataset, and (2) category fill rate for branded POI. We want both of these numbers to be 100%.
(1) All POI category fill rate. Last month 99.5%. This month 100.0%.
(2) Branded POI category fill rate. Last month 100.0%. This month 100.0%.
- We are ingesting many sources and due to source changes and processing changes, Placekeys do drop over time. In this release, we dropped 85,173 Placekeys.
- About 49k of the drops this release are due to our removal of POI in our global pipeline that were previously geocoded for (0,0). These POI will be added back over time when a legitimate geocode can be obtained.
- To keep track of the status, predecessors, and latest successor of each Placekey, you can try using the Lineage API.
Every month, we highlight some of our favorite new polygons getting released. This month, here are a few of the new shopping centers we added in Europe! 🇪🇺 🛍
In last month's delivery, SG Monthly Patterns had 4,615,222 (US only). This month, SG Monthly Patterns has 4,682,201 (net +66,979).
Last month, SG Monthly Patterns had 987,633,784 visits from 33,368,219 visitors. This month, SG Monthly Patterns has 1,003,942,415 visits from 37,030,933 visitors (delta +16,308,631 visits, +3,662,714 visitors).
Our Neighborhood Patterns product, provides more generalized foot traffic flows across census block groups. In the
USwe have 1,970,366,409 raw stops (-8,932,664 from last month).
Neighborhood Patterns is available in Canada! 🇨🇦 Contact your CSM to learn more or add to your subscription. In
CAwe have 37,482,635 raw stops (+3,745,090 from last month).
- Better download folder structure - We've simplified your data downloads so they are more intuitive. Learn more about our new data download folder structure
- Refresh schedule - We've gotten some questions around our data refresh schedule so we created a short explainer.
- Pro Tip: Did you know that you can bookmark your shopping page and it will remember your filters? Just search for your data and use any browser to bookmark your page. E.g. Here's a link directly to search for florists in Los Angeles, California
- Fuzzy search for addresses - We've introduced the ability to complete a fuzzy search by our address fields to expand the capabilities for finding the right place or places.
- New API Portal - Our new API Portal provides usage statistics along with estimated costs to provide users with more assurance and predictability for their queries.
- Query Child Locations - You can now query for all of the POI that are related to a given "parent" POI. So you can now query for all of the stores inside a given shopping mall. 👨👩👧👦
- Normalized Patterns now available - The five recently added Patterns columns using different methodologies to normalize our raw visit counts are now available via the Places API
wkt_area_sq_metersnow available - The recently added geometry column measuring the area of a polygon is now available via the Places API